Integrate editing processes into SAP
With the Documentation Production Center (DPC), all procedures for creating and distributing product information can be integrated into your commercial business processes. As the governing control unit, the ERP system (SAP R/3, for example) initiates and controls the documentation process.
SCHEMA ST4 ensures that product information is created and managed. For data creation and publication of technical information, we use the Direct Publishing solution from the market leader SEAL Systems.
Instead of in distributed information pools, all documents and content are stored in a structured manner and managed centrally. Product structures in SAP can be transferred easily into documentation structures. Since SCHEMA ST4 communicates bi-directionally with the ERP system, objects in SCHEMA ST4 change automatically when the corresponding SAP objects are altered, and vice versa.
Even complex documentation can be automated, and parts lists-driven and order-related production easily triggered. Technical descriptions, manuals and guides are thus made promptly available. At the same time, the system-based workflow provides transparency when creating documentation, and for tracking work, costs, and deadlines.
- Central process control by SAP
- An appropriate application for each task:
- CAD = CAD system
- Editing = editing system
- Management, data storage, process control = SAP
- Integration of technical documentation into commercial business processes
- Unlimited editing functionality for high-quality product information
- Cost reduction for documentation and translation through reuse of text modules and default integration with translation management systems
- Investment security through the use of the market-leading standardized software systems SCHEMA ST4 and Direct Publishing by SEAL Systems
- Seamless integration with the option of different levels of integration